Thursday, January 8, 2009

Friendster Virus – LOL Message

Friendster Virus – LOL Message

Recently I just received a message from one of my friends on Friendster. The subject was LOL, when I opened the message it took me to a site similar to Youtube. At first, I thought it was YouTube but when I looked again it was spelled in a wrong way “YuotTube” with the U and O interchanged. The address also on the address bar was way too different. The site asked me to download a file “setup.exe” in order to watch the video that was displayed. Which of course is a virus, and if downloaded, would definitely put your computer at risk. And every time you open your Friendster, it would send spam messages to all your friends, without you knowing it.

If you ever come across this site, don’t download the said file, close your browser right away. Inform your friend about the message that you received, and inform him or her to change his password right away. Lets all inform our friends about this stuff that are abusing Friendster. Lets make Friendster a safe and fun place. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...